Slips, trips and falls account for almost a third of non fatal injuries at work. It is a widely held belief
that with just a few minor changes to working practices and attitudes this could be reduced
This course will introduce you to some of the statistics relating to slips, trips and falls and dispel
some of the myths surrounding them. It also touches on the law as it relates to slips, trips and falls. It
contains real examples of where things have gone wrong and some practical steps that could have
been taken to prevent these incidents. The course also covers some of the straightforward changes
that can be made in most businesses to significantly reduce the risk of a slip, trip or fall incident
occurring. The final module takes this to the next level and looks at it from a management
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Recognise that Slips, Trips and Falls are their own individual hazards in the workplace.
• Understand and apply current legislation and reflect on the duty of care between employer
• Recognise the seriousness of these risks to individuals and business.
• Identify the major causes of Slips, Trips and Falls and be able to create a task analysis to
assess these risks.
• Apply to safety management systems to help reduce risk and also recognise human impact
as a cause.
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes