IIRSM & CPD Approved
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations were put in place to reduce manual handling issues. These Regulations provide requirements for both employers and employees, such as having personnel trained in the correct methods of manual handling and using any equipment provided by the employer to handle objects safely. Our Manual Handling course covers what manual handling consists of, as well as relevant regulations and legislation regarding it, in addition to introducing safe techniques, practical solutions, and introducing mechanical aids. Keep in mind that this is solely an awareness course; if your job entails manual handling, you will need further practical training – contact us to make arrangements. Training your employees with our system will give them an understanding of the dangers associated with poor manual handling, safe techniques for handling objects correctly, and how to use mechanical aids.
- Provide a definition of manual handling and explain the proper method and use for efficient manual handling.
- Comply with the rules and understand the applicable laws.
- Know how to handle things safely and be able to form positive habits.
- Analyze every manual situation you come across, identifying hazards and knowing when to employ tools.
- Recognize the risks involved and the effects that improper handling can have on the body.
- Mention the professions most susceptible to poor handling methods.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 75 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes