CPD & Institute of Hospitality Approved
The alcohol licensing laws of the United Kingdom regulate the sale and consumption of alcohol. It is
important for anyone working in licensed premises to have a basic understanding of these laws and
how they apply to them.
This course starts with an overview of UK alcohol licensing laws and the importance of the four key
The course will also discuss mandatory conditions, which are compulsory for all licensed premises
and looks in detail at the major issue of age verification.
Finally, it outlines the responsibilities involved in alcohol retailing including drinking guidelines and
how to avoid and reduce conflict.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the key legislation involved with the supply of alcohol and its extended link to crime
prevention and effects on the public.
• Understand the different licences involved, their key objectives and identify the roles of
responsibilities invoked from the licences.
• Recognise the mandatory conditions placed on premises who receive their licences and your
duties to comply.
• Understand the role and responsibility of the Licensing Authority.
Anyone working in licensed premises. This course could be included as part of the induction process
or used to further enhance existing staff’s understanding of their responsibilities.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the
modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work
and personal life.
Other courses that would be useful for candidates taking this one include; Drug Awareness and
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes