IIRSM & CPD Approved
Infection control course will give an overview of infection prevention and control, explaining the implications of poor and successful measures. Understanding why infection prevention and control are so important is key. Every single year, at least 300,000 people develop a Health Care Associated Infection. This has an incredible effect on the patient, staff, and institution involved. Good infection prevention and control leads to better health outcomes for patients as well as increased independence.
Legislation connected to this topic will be discussed as well as different types of microorganisms, how bacteria are spread, the chain of infection, etc. Clinical waste, MRSA, and hand washing are just a few of the many issues it covers in relation to infection, prevention, and control in the healthcare profession. The infection control and prevention course will take about two hours to complete, and in order to pass it, you must properly answer a number of multiple-choice questions based on the infection course material.
Learning Outcomes of Infection Control Course
- Recognize your roles and responsibilities in infection prevention and control.
- Describe the many infection types.
- Exhibit knowledge of the methods by which microorganisms are transmitted.
- Recognize the laws and regulations governing the management and prevention of illnesses.
- Recognize the systems and practises involved in infection control and prevention.
- Recognize the significance of risk assessment in relation to infection prevention and control
- Recognize the significance of maintaining proper personal hygiene for the prevention and management of illnesses.
- Comprehend the specific duties and responsibilities for the three levels of decontamination utilize single-use products.
- Conduct a risk assessment appropriately in order to ensure infection prevention and control.
- Describe how to safely manage patients with certain alert organisms.
- Describe various alert organisms and circumstances that offer an infection risk.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes