This qualification course is designed:
- For individuals with no experience but passionate to start a new career to enhance their chances of employment in cyber security or those looking to gain greater understanding and build upon their existing knowledge of Cyber Security techniques.
- To provide cyber security sector awareness and opportunity to develop knowledge towards practical skills to learners that can be used to seek employment or proceed into study at higher level.
Our Level 3 in Cyber Security Practices is for you if you are:
- Seeking to enter cyber security work sector
- Aiming for career progression
- 16 or 19 years old or over
- Intending to advance to higher education
- Enjoying to learning about Cyber Security Practices
- Interested in preventing possible cyber-attacks or resolving existing ones
- Interested to enhance your problem-solving skill as well as critical thinking
- Thrive from learning and being busy towards enhancing your career
Are you interested in:
- Kick starting new career today
- A career that satisfied your passion and interest
- Challenging and enjoyable career
- A career that gives you option to become self-employed and define your own working times
- Analysing and solving problems related to cyber security
- Resolving existing cyber security issues or preventing possible cyber attacks
Do you have:
- Interest to study to gain qualification to seek employment opportunities in Information and Communications Technology
- Available time to study but can’t pay upfront to start a new career
- Determination to engage in a rewarding professional career
If the above relates to you, then you are at the right place precisely at the right time
At the end of this course, you will:
- Candidates will acquire a detailed understanding of cyber security, consequences, and implications of inadequate cyber security.
- Understand key terminology and the motivations of good and bad actors,
- Be able to investigate the advantages and disadvantages of security by design.
- Gain in-depth understanding of threat intelligence, Open-Source Intelligence, and the importance of using reliable sources of information.
- Understand threat models and the effects of malicious software.
- Gain detailed understanding of common types of testing in cyber security including mitigations following testing.
- Understand vulnerabilities within cyber security and the steps to be taken when a vulnerability is identified.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of controls within cyber security and be able to apply a basic control.
- Gain a detailed understanding of a cyber security incident response plan and checklist, cover the knowledge required to be able to develop an incident post-mortem report.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the legislation surrounding cyber security.
- Understand international law relating to cyber security and the importance of information security standards, and
- Gain in-depth understanding of ethical conduct within cyber security.
What will learners achieve?
When you finish this course, you will be awarded an internationally recognised and regulated Level 3 in Cyber Security Practices (603/5762/9) qualification, that is certified by NCFE. The qualification certificate is full and relevant, listed on the Office of Qualification and Examination Regulation (Ofqual’s), you can please check via this link: http://register.ofqual.gov.uk/.
This course will help learners secure work in the fast growing and highly demanded field of cyber security sector i.e., Cyber Security SOC Analyst, Cyber Security Administration Assistant, Incident Response, Network Security, Threat Intelligence etc.
You can complete this course in 10 weeks, and you have option to attend 1 full day per week or two evening per week from Monday to Sunday depending on availability.
- Understand cyber security principles
- Understanding threat intelligence in cyber security
- Cyber security testing, vulnerabilities, and controls
- Cyber security incident response
- Understanding legislation and ethical conduct within cyber security
- Professional skills and behaviours for cyber security
This course is a competency and knowledge-based qualification that is internally assessed and externally quality assured.
Learners who complete this course could progress to:
- Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security
- Level 4 Certificate for IT Professionals
- Level 4 Certificate in Information and Cyber Security Foundations
- Level 4 Certificate in Cyber Security and Intrusion for Business.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes