This qualification course is designed:
- To introduce learners to cyber security and provide them with the opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding of the sector
- To act as a stepping stone that will lead some learners into studying cyber security at a higher level.
Our Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Cyber Security is for you if you are:
- Seeking to enter cyber security work sector
- Aiming for career progression
- 16 or 19 years old or over
- Intending to advance to higher education
- Enjoying to learning about Cyber Security Practices
- Interested in preventing possible cyber-attacks or resolving existing ones
- Interested to enhance your problem-solving skill as well as critical thinking
- Thrive from learning and being busy towards enhancing your career
Are you interested in:
- Kick starting new career today
- A career that satisfied your passion and interest
- Challenging and enjoyable career
- A career that gives you option to become self-employed and define your own working times
- Analysing and solving problems related to cyber security
- Resolving existing cyber security issues or preventing possible cyber attacks
Do you have:
- Interest to study to gain qualification to seek employment opportunities in Information and Communications Technology
- Available time to study but can’t pay upfront to start a new career
- Determination to engage in a rewarding professional career
If the above relates to you, then you are at the right place precisely at the right time
At the end of this course, you will:
- Gain a detailed understanding of the need for cyber security and the impact of cyber-crime.
- Know about the various job functions in cyber security sector and related key skill requirements.
- Understand cyber security terminology, and the concept of social engineering.
- Understand the key legislation related to cyber security and how to maintain data confidentiality and security.
- Understand ethical and unethical conduct within cyber security.
- Develop an understanding of malicious software and the ways in which a system can be infected.
- Understand common and emerging threats, as well as physical threats to cyber security.
- Understand the preventative methods used to maintain cyber security, including the principles of user access control and use of firewalls.
- Understand team working and the use of interpersonal skills and communication when working in a cyber security role.
What will learners achieve?
When you complete this course, you will be awarded NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principle of Cyber Security (603/5853/1) qualification, that is certified by NCFE. The qualification certificate is full and relevant, listed on the Office of Qualification and Examination Regulation (Ofqual’s), you can please check via this link: http://register.ofqual.gov.uk/.
This course will help learners secure future work in the fast growing and highly demanded field of cyber security sector i.e., Cyber Security SOC Analyst, Cyber Security Administration Assistant, Incident Response, Network Security, Threat Intelligence etc.
You can complete this course in 10 weeks, and you have option to attend 1 full day per week or two evening per week from Monday to Sunday depending on availability.
- Introduction to cyber security
- Understand terminology used in cyber security
- Understand legal and ethical aspects of cyber security
- Understand common threats to cyber security
- Understand methods of maintaining cyber security
- Understand working with others in cyber security
This course is a competency and knowledge-based qualification that is internally assessed and externally quality assured.
Learners who complete this course could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices
- Level 3 Diploma in IT User Skills
- Level 3 Award in Cyber Security Leadership
- Level 3 Foundation Technical Level IT: Cyber Security.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes