CPD, Laser awards & Institute of Hospitality Approved
The alcohol licensing laws of the United Kingdom regulate the sale and consumption of alcohol. Any
organisation, business or individual who wishes to sell alcohol must have a licence. This is obtained
from a Licensing Authority.
This course starts with an overview of UK alcohol licensing laws and the importance of promoting
the four key licensing objectives.
The three main types of licence are covered, including applications, conditions, representations, and
You’ll learn about the legal duties of personal licence holders, and how to deal with Licensing
Authorities, along with information relating to objections, fees and hearings.
The course will also discuss issues surrounding Temporary Event Notices, and mandatory conditions,
which are compulsory for all licensed premises.
It’ll also look in detail at the major issue of age verification – and you’ll learn about the licensing laws
and best practices as they apply to children and under 18s.
Finally, it outlines the responsibilities involved in alcohol retailing including drinking guidelines and
how to avoid and reduce conflict.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the legislation and licences involved and their legal implications.
• Identify the different roles in the work place and their legal responsibilities.
• Apply to authorities through understanding the application process and the ability to alter or
vary a licence.
• Understand the mandatory conditions that arise from a licence.
• State the authorities that are involved and the powers they gain from legislation.
• Define the types of businesses selling alcohol and their responsibilities to the public.
• Understand the legal implications in regards to children and those under 18.
Anyone working in, or wanting a career in the hospitality industry who wants to open up promotion
opportunities or to move into a role that requires a personal licence.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the
modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work
and personal life.
Other courses that would be useful for candidates taking this one include; Drug Awareness, Conflict
Management and Leadership skills.
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 90 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 90 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes